Monday, October 15, 2007

Waiting in Heaven

My grandfather died Friday morning, and while I am not crying while typing this...my heart aches. He was a very special man to me. He was not just my grandfather, but my father figure. Perhaps I take this harder than most, He was afterall, in my life for 28 years. He means so much to me, and now He is gone. I just saw Him thursday, and He told me He felt GREAT! How can a man go from feeling great, to DEAD?! I ache, heart and soul. I know He no longer hurts. I know He was sick. I know He's finally out of the shell He was stuck in, and therefore in 'a better place'. That doesn't take the pain away. That doesn't fix what is in so many pieces right now. The whole family is going to a viewing today. Then He'll go to Arlington. I can't believe I'll never see Him again!!

My Grandfather - I love you so much. I will miss you and for ever and always remember the things you said. Your stories, your advice, your hugs and kisses. The wild horse, and the gentle pony. You are always in my heart, and I love you.

No comments: