Friday, February 17, 2006

Another day........


So, some people think that it's alright to tell a pregnant woman what she's having before she even knows. That it's ok to gloat over the verdict and what it is, or isn't. This, I am ashamed to tell you...isn't true. We don't care if your thoughts were right. We could honestly care less if you are thrilled about the verdict or can't stand it. All we honestly care about at this current stage is that the baby we are carrying. The life inside US that causes us cramps, morning sickness, stretch marks and all sorts of hormone problems...is HEALTHY. Above all, that is what should matter to the rest of the population as well. Unfortunately, there are those of you who will continue to gloat and rub things in faces where it shouldn't be. Do not doubt however, that come your time for this joyful little experiance, that we have been where you are now...and that we will take such things with a bit more sensativity. I would suggest, if there is a pregnant person in your life, you approach things with a bit more tact and sensativity then you do now. If possible.

Moving on - I am 24 weeks along. Half way through my pregnancy. Still having morning sickness that lasts all day. I'm on medication for it, since it's the only way I seem to be able to eat anything of real substance. I have managed somehow to learn to tolerate drinking water. Now, mind you I still believe that it's not exactly the most tasty of things to drink..however it seems to keep me hydrated enough to not be a pain in the butt. As for the cravings that most women say they have...I can't say the same. All I crave, truly, is comfort and sleep. Though there are things I'd rather not have to smell if someone wants to eat them near me. Onions are a huge NO NO at the moment.

Annoying little sisters are seemingly doing well. Though no less annoying or little. Even if we do love them. Even if we do miss them. They are still thought of as the Little Sister and will no doubt forever be held in that shadow. Sucks doesn't it?

No comments: