Saturday, February 11, 2006

So it is said.........

After reading another post and sitting in contemplation I wonder if I could do more. If perhaps somehow my choices in my own sordid past had anything to do with the way others wound up. I doubt it, though there is that little voice that says otherwise.

I am happy with my life, my house, my family.

Yet I worry about friends..old and new. Those who when I needed them during my younger years were there for me. Those who stood up against people who would hurt me. Those who taught me it was alright to fight for myself, and therefore be myself.

I wonder how I can help them. What can I do to make the world better for them in the end. How can I wipe away tears and listen to frustrations? It is simply that...a task as a friend I take willingly. That should they ever need me..I am here. Whatever that may bring, whatever that might cost. I have an open door, and open arms for those of my past who might desire someone to talk to. Need of food. Or shelter from the raging storm.

I end only by saying Thank You to those of you who knew me in my younger years. Those who stood by me no matter the horrid choices I made. Those who protected and guided me. Thank you for always being there right when I needed you. I can ask for no better friends..nor would I desire to trade any of you for the world. I say no names, for those of you that read this will know if it's you. You will know that you've impacted my life...Forever.

No comments: