Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sweet Dreams


It's another day of being 'Mommy'. Day seven to be exact. One whole week. Kinda scary how time flies when you are having fun huh?

Anyway - not much news here.


Rebecca had a Doctors appointment and it went well. Considering when she was born she was 7 lbs, 11 and a half ounces. When we left the hospital she had dropped to 7 lbs, 5 ounces. In less than a week ( her Doctors appointment was yesterday ) she had gained weight and was weighing in at 7 lbs, 14 ounces and had grown from 19 inches to 20 and a half inches. The Doctor is very impressed with her progress. Considering they usually don't see any kind of weight gain for the first 14 days of life. Typically it's weight loss. So, I must be doing something right. We also named her Godparents. My best friend Frankie and her husband Matt..and my Uncle Jason. We figure that keeps her covered as far as that goes.

The Bug has been a huge help with everything. Helping me around the house with minor tasks like laundry, sweeping and taking out the trash. Bless her heart for being so helpful. I know she wants to help with the baby more - but being a new mom I am monopolising ( sp? ) my time with my baby. However, in all other things she's been wonderful help. I'm glad my family sent her out to be with me. Though I do worry she's bored. Even though I warned her small town life isn't that fast paced or hectic. I hope when she does return to Colorado she doesn't look at her 'vacation' as a regret. We'll see though.

Even the Husband has come around and been more helpful than usual. He spoils his daughter and makes sure she and I have everything we need. He provides, and I am thankful that He's ( thus far ) started becoming a wonderful Daddy.

I suppose that's the minutes. As I said, nothing much going on. It's life as usual in Hicksville and I like it that way.

Many smiles and joys upon you!!

No comments: