Thursday, June 29, 2006

Unfortunately

Well - while I had my daughter fifteen days ago, I have unfortunately had some complications. I thought I was all done with the pain and what not. However my body has different plans. So - depending on my Doctors say so tomorrow I might have to have a DNC. I hear it's nothing huge and that I will make it no problem. However it is still considered a surgery and because such comes with all the risks surgery involves. I admit I'm a little hesitant and scared. But if I don't have the DNC I could get a blood clot and that could cause death. So - I suppose I'll bite the bullet and have a DNC if I absolutely have to. But, I'm still scared.

Moving on - If I have to have the DNC my mother might let my sister stay an extra week. Of course that means changing her bus ticket and making sure all is taken care of. We'll see tomorrow of course. Her tattoo ( which shocked me that she got one ) is healing rather well. Though due to the lotion she was using, and the itching that she felt during sleep it will need a touch up. Nothing too bad mind you. It's a beautiful tattoo. But I'm bias considering roses are my favorite flower.

My cousin Matthew is in Colorado currently visiting the family. Part of me certainly wishes I was there as well. However, since I'm not - I can only hope they are thinking fondly of me and that everyone is having fun.

The Princess Pea is doing great. She had a check up the other day and already she's up to 9 pounds and 1 ounce. She's only fifteen days old and already has gained two pounds. A weight gain they don't typically expect in babies until they are two weeks old. My child however has proven that she's VERY healthy and means to put on the weight to support such a life. I'm happy for it. The unfortunate thing is we're going through formula like crazy. Because a bottle every two hours ( at four ounces each ) isn't enough. I may have to bump her up to six ounces just to make her happy. Or, I might have to do what my Grandmother did for my Uncle and add some rice cereal to the mix. We'll see.

That's my minutes I suppose. Hope to be able to post good news soon about the out come of my DNC.

No comments: