Saturday, March 04, 2006

Justice

( Picture by Linsner )
Perhaps one day I will see this form of Justice. Perhaps not. Either way, after much contemplation I know in my heart that the only person I need to make happy is me. Funny thing is, that's why I married Foo. He's been my friend, and a good friend, for nearly a decade. He's been there for me when I thought I had no one else. He's always remembered my birthday, never forgotten my favorite drink, food or song. He knows me, I think, better then I know myself at times. I've loved him for a very long time. It came to be realized when I finally stopped caring what my mother thought. She still hates Him. I know she does despite the letter I got. I know in her heart, she will never come to fully accept Him as part of our family. I wish I knew the full reason behind her distrust and dislike of someone who has always been there for me. Foo isn't a bad person. He takes care of what is His. Family comes first - a huge thing for me. He wants a brighter tomorrow, whatever that might mean. Because of my mother I've kept Him at arms length and always, tried to date men I thought my mother would approve of. Scary thing is, I no longer care if she approves in my tastes or desires. I no longer care if she approves of my choices or fancies. I care what tomorrow might bring. Be it rain or shine, sun or snow.

To Quote a line in an old movie, twisting it slightly to fit this circumstance -
She has no power over me.

1 comment:

Erotic_bloodlu said...

ME, ME, ME I'm just messing with you sis...oh trying to get stams for 2 letters I have for you so you should get them soon, love ya