Friday, March 31, 2006

Another one?

Behold, yet another of those age old friends contacts me. Ebert. This friend contacting me ( via e-mail ) makes me happy. There were many times that Ebert was my rock. My one source of constant. He was unwavering, gentle..yet fierce if need be. He and I grew up alot the same way, only instead of doing what I did, He bottled it all up. For the first time in years, he told me that he was able to know himself better because of me. There is a poem, that says some friends are silver, some friends are Gold. I believe Ebert is a golden one. Simply because of his caring, His want to listen and help anyway he can. I'm thankful to hear from him. To hear that even though He is out of the Marine Corps, His life is going well for him. Going to college, teaching high school, and mentoring a sixth grader. All of these are things I know Ebert would excel at. He's always been good at listening. He's always had the compassion that most men lack. Truly, I am thrilled everything has worked out so good for him. I can only hope we will continue to keep in contact. Losing touch with those you care about sucks. I definately don't want to lose contact with him again. It's been years already that have been lost. Though I'm sure we'll make up for the lost time somehow.

No comments: